View Single Post
07-30-2004, 01:31 AM
djHAWKY is offline djHAWKY
Software:

djHAWKY is on a distinguished road

Old

I have been freelancing since I was 16. Being 19 and in college changed my views on everything. When I saw an opportunity to work for a company I took it. Right now I work for http://www.vectorwave.net/. It was an IT and software company stritly untill I came on board. WIth me and my friend Alex working for vectorwave we expanded into web design\development and print work. I must say that this option was much better for me because

a)steady flow on money (btw $300-400 contests yaxay is running and what many people pay freelancers online is a joke compared to what companies chanrge here in the city at least)

b) we (.com companies) are not as uptight as you might think. Everyone working for vectorwave knows this is not a financial group, we're all 'computer' guys. I can come in my underware and no one will care, as long as clients don't see me undressed ;o Infact instead of casual fridays vectorwave now has club friday nights... In the past 2 months I do not remember a friday night when we din't go clubin and got wasted ;x

c) T1 connection in the office.

Freelancing(on the internet) is a great way to jumpstart your career, but I do not tink you can move forward doing just that.