View Single Post
01-28-2005, 07:57 PM
todaysdrops is offline todaysdrops
Software:

todaysdrops is on a distinguished road

Old

Article was a little unclear, if you're going to talk about the importance of Toll Free numbers then at least explain to us how to get one

Easy to get a Toll Free number just type in google "Toll Free numbers" and I posted a couple before.

I'm confuesed, do you personally man the line 24/7 or does someone else do it for you? If so, are they being paid or is this part of the toll fee package?

I am just saying in general, it is a key factor for people who are wanting service to have a number where they can call. Usualy if you are going to offer 24/7 service you best have a Virtual Office so it can be forwarded somewhere at all times. Also there are a few companies out there that will offer this for you, I can't remember them now but they are out there. Usualy over in Asia...

It seems to me like just another expense (especially for smaller hosts), what's wrong with the good old e-mail? I hate live chat software, trouble tickets but e-mail.....as long as the support staff act promptly, thats my favourite means of communication.

Smaller hosts are acting like big compaines with Toll Free numbers, answering them professionaly etc... It doesn't matter if it is a One man show with 2000 accounts or 10 person busuiness with 2 accounts. Whats wrong with email? Well if email was as easy as a phone call I say no problem with it, BUT when you can easily pick up the phone and call a toll free number to ask a few simple questions such as "Has my order been processed" "Is there something wrong with the server" "Has my order been shipped out, cause I have not gotten any info on it" etc... It is a much smoother process and usualy takes shorter time. It is time to get personal with your business I would say.

I wouldn't be as comftable phoning up a host as i would e-mailing.

When you order products on line do you look for a toll free number from a host or from anything you order? I for sure do. If they don't have one they usualy don't get my business or referred business at that. It doesn't matter if you are a small company or a huge company, CS has been lacking for the past year or so and seems to get worse. That is all I am trying to say