View Single Post
02-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Matt is offline Matt
Expertise:
Software:

Matt is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Matt Send a message via MSN to Matt Send a message via Yahoo to Matt

Old

I would like to thank everyone for their input. This is something I wanted to do but nearly decided against once I learned that almost 50% of the community disagreed.

I've taken everyone's comments into consideration.

As requested by Aros and velizio there will be a contract that both parties will have to agree upon.

As requested by joe and Spawny there will be a minimum member registration period required along side other requirements to obtain hosting.

As requested by sniper101 the server that TalkFreelance members will be hosted on will be using Apache.

----

Originally Posted by velizio
And think about it, you would lessen the quality of the design industry as a whole if you give free hosting to just anybody with a copy of photoshop on some forums.

Think about the big picture.
I thought about it and I have to disagree with you. I see no way that giving free hosting accounts to designers / coders could lessen the quality of the design industry. In fact, I think it will strengthen the design industry.

There are some very talented designers and coders out there that don't have the means to pay for monthly hosting. They may not have the money or they may not have a way to send payments.

The big picture is you give a few accounts out and help some young developers get recognized.

----

I will post a thread with all the details probably tomorrow. If you have any more comments or last minute suggestions, please contact me. My email address is: mattwalkeris@gmail.com

You can also private message me or instant message me via AIM, MSN, or Yahoo.