View Single Post
06-16-2008, 03:04 AM
NuPixel is offline NuPixel
Software:

NuPixel is on a distinguished road

Old  Vista Boot Issue

I have a PC that runs Windows Vista. Well this morning while using IE the internet failed to respond so I did a reboot, well after shutting down and starting back up it kept saying that windows could not start. So I tried many things and I was only able to start it in safe mode. So I decided to stop trying to get it to start windows and backed up my stuff in safe mode and went to do a format. I have Vista on CD and ran it as a install on my computer but it looked as if it made a 2nd partition and installed vista on that so the computer would still not boot correctly. I could only get it to start with the CD in and then I could go to command prompt. So from command prompt I ran "format c:" so delete both partitions and install a fresh copy of Vista. After formatting it, I kept the install disc in and rebooted, on reboot its saying "BOOTMSG is missing <new line> Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"
It keeps saying that with or without the CD in the drive. I'm pretty much out of possible ideas to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.