View Single Post
11-06-2006, 08:28 PM
weblogiks is offline weblogiks
Expertise:
Software:

weblogiks is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to weblogiks

Old

Well, I'll stay off subject so I can be on subject..

To the ones that believe that Muslims think they will go to heaven after suicide- you are wrong- they don't believe this, this is typical political spin. They actually believe that they will go to heaven if they die defending their religion (as the Christians believed during the crusades, and as many Christians still believe). Martydom.

As for the 40-virgins, this is more spin. You will find no Muslim with this belief. There is no such Muslim teaching that goes along with this idea. It is S-P-I-N, very effective I might add, to create a false "understanding" of the people our government want us to turn a sword to. You can call me a kookie all you want, but the world is more than the material excess we make it out to be.

I agree, anyone that would like to see a hanging broadcasted- a little off, but that's just my opinion. It is also my opinion that they are no better than he is. The public death of another human for any form of gain, be it self gratification or political interest- would make us no better than the executed- convicted of much of the same, bringing us down (or up) to that level.

Let's look at it this way- How do you feel about American soldiers? Are you outraged when you see that they have been executed, and that their execution was available on the web? Sick right? I agree. I also agree this is the same form of barbaric act that many of you are chomping at the bit to to see on the 6 oclock news.

The death of the soldiers that are broadcasted are just as justified in their eyes, as the death of their former leader broadcast, in your eyes. They see American soldiers as the enemy, just as many of us see "them" as the enemy. America is hypocritical in this and so many other sinces. We expect other people to act in one way, while we act in another. If they follow our lead- we drop a bomb on their children and call it justified.

axis of evil indeed.. justice, then peace.

Brooks