07-25-2010, 09:02 PM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I don't think products should be moderated for being low quality. What is "garbage" (low quality) to one, is precious to another. Why would you want to censor your marketplace like that? Yes it would look nice to the public with how everything is "sellable" but.. that's not an impression I'd want to support when it's entirely biased.

I also would like to see it as a separate entity with more verification than just being allowed to sign up.. Although not make it a requirement but a "reward" just as how Flippa does it. I love how it increases your "trust" to help encourage people to feel comfortable buying from you. Much the same how I've [mostly] relied on using the iTrader.
I think the iTrader plugin needs expanding a little, for only people to be able to give some 'trust' as Flippa does only for true sales, it's quite easy to make fake iTrader reputation therefor not being real trust.

Trust and an open marketplace for people to post stuff to sell, but having say a week being registered and 20+ posts, so users selling are people we know and have had some interaction with etc..