Thread: PHP or RoR?
View Single Post
07-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Haris is offline Haris
Software:

Haris is on a distinguished road

Old  PHP or RoR?

Yeah, I've been reading this book "Agile web development with Ruby on Rails". The language is a bit confusing and I'm unsure if I can create anything with RoR. It has different and confusing naming convection, the class in model automatically detects the table from the database using the pluralize form. For example if the class is named person, it will look for table named people in the database. I like the database migrations, few ruby features (NOTE: Ruby) and bit of naming convection and the templating system but rails is a confusing framework.

The downside of the book I have is that it doesn't goes from basic to advance features but advance to basics. You've to create a store at the start and then learn all the features of RoR. I have created the store but I don't even know the proper conditional statements.

Whereas PHP is lengthy unlike RoR but PHP is supported with a strong user-base. There is no confusing naming convections.

I don't know any downsides of PHP but I've used it before to create a register/login feature.

What should I do?