View Single Post
02-05-2009, 04:10 PM
chaka42 is offline chaka42
Expertise:
Software:

chaka42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to chaka42 Send a message via MSN to chaka42 Send a message via Skype™ to chaka42

Old

Sure, on my setup (like many) I have my file window to the right that has all of my files for a certain site. I can switch from site to site with a drop-down menu, and can double-click image files, which will automatically open in Photoshop for editing. In terms of uploading, when I'm done editing HTML, or making changes, I simply click the upload button and I'm ready to test in the browser. DW also has a Preview in Browser option, but I prefer to use the browser window I already have open. I'm also like you, I like my code organized and color coded. And, I like the fact that DW uses code shortcuts. I don't have to type <a href="#"></a>, it does it for me, which saves valuable time. It does the same thing with CSS.

While some prefer other editors, I still prefer DW for the reasons stated above. Some folks just don't want to spend the extra cash for the software, but I already have to buy the other Adobe programs for my work and DW comes in the package. So does GoLive, but I ain't touching that.