View Single Post
03-31-2005, 11:48 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Any user can create an unofficial event if they'd just bother to ask us for permission. Events are not the same as our contests in that they're aimed for community participation and have no prize requirement. They're just events to bring the community together to work on a common theme. We've never had unofficial events like this, and quite frankly this was a poor first one! I'm still annoyed that only one person entered, where was the rest of the community over the Easter period?

If you'd like to start an event with us, then talk to me or TheDPQ about it and we can get it rolling. These are basically unsupported versions of our Official Events (which means our staff take a part in running the event) such as the CD Cover event.

These events are not contests because the ultimate aim is not to provide a finished product for the event holder to go ahead and select a single winning piece of work. There's actually no limit to how many judges can be in our events (compared to only one CONTEST judge).

As you can see, there are contests and there are events; both supported and unsupported. Now show me that loophole Anthony.