View Single Post
02-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

I can't see the harm with having images in signatures. If a user is on dial-up or the loading of images otherwise adversely affects their browsing then that user can turn off signatures all together.

With the recent interest in keeping visitors up-to-date with blog posts in signatures (like the PReader tool), you're condemning those useful items to the dustbin.

I like my signature, it is a reflection of me like any signature should be. Sure I could write it out in plain text surrounded by hyperlinks but where's the creativity in that?

It will also stop the large number of signature abusers here, this amounts to a large proportion of reported members.
It's not your fault that people don't read. Why do we get so many, "I can't post in the market place", "why was my topic locked" or "I can't add my signature!" posts in the Suggestions forum? People don't read.

I'd rather keep my current unobtrusive little signature image than something like:
This post was created by Salathe in all his godliness.
Just because of that fact, it is worth reading over any other post
on this forum. That's right your posts are worthless, get over it.

That was only three lines so we can keep things going for a little
longer and really, really annoy those people with small screens.

(Apologies if that is more than 5 lines, I'm using fluid width.)

Whichever way you guys decide to go, then that's fine but I think there are greater things to spend your time mulling over than this subject.