View Single Post
02-02-2007, 06:21 PM
colonne is offline colonne
Software:

colonne is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to colonne

Old

I don't want to be rude, but I disagree with you dangwood. We all have different skills and not everybody is capable of being everything at once. The OP might be very good at doing the things that seem "magical" to me -- creating something on the web from a simple idea. But I might be very good at ideas without possessing one bit of skills in the whole computer area.

In some instances I might really want somebody to create a website for me, and in that case I'll pay them to do it. In fact, I am trying to find someone to do this right now. In this situation, it would be unethical to "steal" my ideas.

But in other cases, I might have an idea that is really great, but I'm not interested in pursuing it. In that situation, why not share the idea with someone who can put it to use? Will the developer have potential to make a fortune off of my idea? Sure. But I didn't want to do it anyway, so what is the loss to me?

Ideas have additional value that may not get noticed all the time. Let's pretend that I toss out some sort of idea, maybe for something really stupid. The OP reads my post and either misunderstands me or takes the stupid idea in a completely new direction. Now you have that "spark" of creativity that he seems to be lacking at the moment. Is this wrong?