07-19-2007, 08:58 PM
amf is offline amf
Expertise:
Software:

amf is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Craddock View Post
The labouring was included in the $80.

The site was $40 before hand, we than came to a agreement of $80, including the labouring.
That's subtly different than your original post and definitely a critical piece of information.

Given that you did the work requested, unless he explicitly had trouble with labor that wasn't satisfactory, I think you can do one of three things:

1. Keep the money for the labor assuming he didn't pay for the site. Customer is out everything.

2. Keep the money for the site, send him the site anyway as it originally stood before you did the labor. Customer gets what he didn't want, but at least he got his $40-worth.

3. Send him the money, eat the labor, re-sell the site for more money now that it has all that extra work.

I agree with the earlier comment that you need to charge more for your labor, but that's really beside the point at this moment.

Personally, if the changes he requested were good ones that will help sell it later, go with #3 and sleep better knowing you did a good thing even if the customer is a shmuck. But that's me. Freelancing is my business and my reputation is very important and I'd still worry if I screwed a shmuck customer. Your mileage may vary.