View Single Post
01-19-2005, 01:02 AM
ULTiMATE is offline ULTiMATE
Expertise:
Software:

ULTiMATE is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to ULTiMATE Send a message via AIM to ULTiMATE Send a message via MSN to ULTiMATE

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
We can't judge you if you don't have anything to show us. There are 15 odd members of the design team, it's not our fault none of them are participating in the contests being held here.
I know, it's not like you can single handedly force them to work. I'm just wondering how this is going to sort itself out, because 2 members (all admins) is a very poor turnout. To be honest, I would have just made it so that members would have to have a portfolio which at least shows their contact information. As far as a Portfolio goes, the whole reason I have one is for new work I create. All I've done as of late is college work (web development related), and I don't want to add that until I've passed my courses. To be honest, for now I just plan to fall back on the qualifications I have in Web Development and Server Side Programming to get work, while I stick all my graphics on deviantART. I don't plan to have a typical portfolio up for quite a while, apart from odd scripts that I write, or if I need to show a client anything I've done.

Please don't see this as an attack on the work you've done. This place has come a VERY long way, and I'm suprised that this is the only thing I've found wrong with this place, cause I seem to be very outspoken when things are wrong. But yeah, I DO have work to show off. I always have. If you read my application, I had put down the qualifications I have, and on my portfolio page link i showed you, it says if you want to see any of my work to contact me. I was kinda hoping for a response back from you, but I seen that since you said I had no working portfolio, it was essential. Anyways, it's really no biggie. I just want to make sure that things go smoothly.