View Single Post
10-12-2012, 08:18 AM
kamkar is offline kamkar
Software:

kamkar is on a distinguished road

Old  Using a pseudonym (Alias) – What about the Agreements?

My first post here, so, hi everybody!

I have been working as a Freelance SEO Consultant and Professional for more than a year now. Earlier, I use to work in a company, where they made us use a pseudonyms (penname), no sinister purpose at all, but just to make us sound more in sync with our target audience. So all my online work, social profiles, networking, and conversations carry that pseudonym, and because I had to make the most of that work and contact when I was looking for my first few projects as a freelancer, I decided to carry the pseudonym, which is not a problem, except when someone asks me to sign a simple agreement (e.g. Non-Disclosure Agreement).

What should I do with the agreement? Sign it while using my penname? I am sure some of you must be using alias as well, how do you deal with these situations? Again, I don’t have anything to hide, it’s just that after a lot of commute, I don’t feel comfortable telling the client that I am not “Jessica Miller” and my real name is Bilal Chishti (not the real names but you must have got the idea).