View Single Post
03-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by nomatch View Post
Well...like everything in life...the best things come to those that wait. Artashes, you've done a great job of hyping up the new release, I must say. But that hype has to be backed up by something visual - as triadlink is saying. I don't think its going to make a difference if its released today, or in a couple of months. If it is implemented properly, and patiently - it will be successful. If it is rushed, its doomed to fail.

Thank you for your confidence, nomatch. My luck in development has always been near disastrous and because of it I have always spent triple when I came to any kind of design/development work done. I've learned to live with it. Your thinking is exactly like mine - I want to put out a product that works and that is great rather than halfway done.

I've asked on the forum before if the community wants to wait till absolutely everything is done before making any changes we have been preparing, or if we can upgrade the vBulletin to the latest version (a default theme) which will allow us to implement some of the custom back-end applications today. However, I've gotten the sense from a few members that they'd rather wait. I know it is the right thing to do as well. After all, we are a "development" driven community. However, I cannot wait till the apps VG custom coded are introduced - I think those will be met extremely positively by our members.

Originally Posted by nomatch View Post
I don't appreciate you hitting out at triadlink however. You're the leader of the forum and should show compassion - especially with regards to any sort of web-development by the members here!

I wouldn't call it a "hit". As VG noted above, when a member has never been positive about any of the work that we have been doing with TF, I equally do not appreciate such tone as it affects other members as well (including members of staff). I can easily handle it and I have been nothing but friendly and positive to everyone who has provided constructive criticism, as well as those who have been just taking little negative stabs here and there every chance they got. I've been managing the communities for many years, I have seen it all, yet I have never allowed myself to talk in anything other than professional tone with everyone involved, whether in public or in private. However, when someone who is/was running a copycat of TF does that, with direct conflict of interest, dissing us over and over again, I simply find it unprofessional and unethical. I am not going to get into this beyond this little remark, I'd rather spend time seeking out sources of additional financing that we need for this community to grow with talent and ideas again. Cheers.

Originally Posted by alihs View Post
Well, on my part, i would like to see more activity on the blog

I briefly mentioned in the comment above that I'm working on finding that additional financing that I can commit to the blog. But considering we haven't actually launched the blog yet, I'd say there is no way but up from here. The good news is that we have the talent pool of people who can take care of the blog.