10-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old  Quest for indepth posts.

Hi folks,

I know that many of you don't spend as much time around here as I do, and therefore the time that you do spend here is precious, but I would really like to see some more indepth posts being made by our regular members.

The general, basic idea behind web forums such as TalkFreelance is to enable its members to put across their points of view on any particular subject. If your POV is simply, "I like it" then fair enough but putting a little extra time and effort into your posting can be rewarding. Not least because you can much more clearly and precisely put across your POV along with why you think that way, but also because by doing so you're inviting the community to put forward similarly well thought out responses.

So, here is my quest (or request):
At least once per day, could every member write a post (new thread, or reply) of at least 100 words (the length of the paragraph above) AND/OR spend at least 5 minutes planning a structured reply. The two generally go hand-in-hand: Planned replies take time and have length.
Who knows if anyone will pick up on this idea, and it is far from being a rule (or enforcable!) but worth a try.

Cheers,
Salathe