View Single Post
10-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by silent1643 View Post
understand - my thoughts were to basically have the look and feel of two forums but running on the same db if possible

design and implementation - use current tf theme - when user clicks on the design and implementation forum they only see the current tf forum categories

seo and sem - use current tf theme but with different color scheme - when user clicks on seo and sem forum they only see the seo/sem categories

just my .02 - im sure you will find a solution that works for you
Yes this was my original thoughts and yes it is possible and people do do it a lot. This is why I'm a little suprised by some peoples negative attitude that their details are on the new forum, as I don't see much difference (and users couldn't actually tell any difference) between it running from the same DB and or different DB's, and it would just be like another major section of TF under a different design - much like loads of forums have.

The main issue with this though is that it doesn't resolve the issue that TF really needs a dedicated leader with time. I can't provide that and I think TF users would be better to have someone who does.

To me I can understand your logic and reasoning Zee, and to be frank it is your database and membership to do what you want with it. Will i visit the new site? no. Why? Not because I am mad but more so because it doesnt have anything to do with me or what I am online. I design sites, I don't do SEM or SEO.

However I do feel somewhat that it should be more of a choice for each TFL user to have a 1 click account transfer or delete button to that site that way they can decide if they want to visit or help you out. I really think starting ground up would be better.
Yes of course that's fine, and that was what I was assuming most peoples reaction was going to be. I'm looking into the one click thing at the moment, and I'll probably only keep a small sample of posts on the forum just to make it not seem completely empty.