View Single Post
04-07-2005, 08:55 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Great thread!

I'm really getting into marketing now, just got a new book out from the library about online advertising, it's very old 1998 but so awesome! Some of the best methods remain the same

Anyways, methods i've had the most success with hands down are e-mail marketing (I like to call it personal mail shots) as simple as it sounds, you have a product and you know your market, you contact them and invite them to try your product....they like it, they buy it

Word of mouth is and always will be one of the best advertising options available to anyone! You satisfy one customer and along will come another 5 (according to some statistics I read) very powerful, I try that alot with tf, i'm always keen to treat everyone with enthusiasm so they really enjoy their experience here and then go and tell all their friends.

Banner advertising isn't that great, I'll admit it....i've done it before and had some excellent results! It's all about location, I advertised at youngcoders.com and must have had about 50 new members over the campaign (incredible! It only cost $25) yet i've spent $100 on other sites and not gained a single lead...be careful with banner advertising.

Your best bet is and always will be the search engines, get to the top of google for your keywords and you're laughing! Text links on sites are perfect for this, usually cheaper than banners...great for seo, pr and general promotion to a wider audience. But for now, word of mouth and e-mail marketing are my two prefered methods of advertising.