View Single Post
10-30-2006, 06:24 AM
Shaun is offline Shaun
Expertise:
Software:

Shaun is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Shaun Send a message via MSN to Shaun Send a message via Yahoo to Shaun

Old

Its basically the same as phpbb2, apart from the image specifications have its own file.

The Structure is a bit different. Templates are stored in the styles folder. Once in there you have the SubSilver folder.

From there you have the following files and folders:
  • imageset
  • template
  • theme
  • style.cfg

Imageset has all the icons that are seen such as buttons etc. It also has a imageset.cfg which defines the filenames and the sizes.

Template has all the .tpl files that define the layout of the forum. It as well has a config file called template.cfg which lets you set the name, copyright, and the version of your theme. Which must be done for all the cfg files.

Theme contains the rest of the images that imageset doesn't have as well as the style css and a theme.cfg

Basically, if you can work your head around that, and know how to make themes/edit themes then you should be right

PS: I don't claim to say this is 100% correct, this is just how i understand it all works, if anyone has any better way to explain, please do correct me