Thread: Suggestion
View Single Post
04-07-2012, 03:26 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Jason, thank you for taking the time to give your suggestion.

It is an interesting concept, and I think it might somewhat work, although I have never done anything like this before on any forum. What I am actually thinking here is possibly extend it a bit further. I was conversing with Adam (creativetaurus.com) recently and he also proposed an interesting idea of a closed forum, except in this case members will be manually accepted after a review who would throw ideas around, collaborate, provide valuable feedback to each other. Adam's idea was about the creation of a tight-knit approved designer/developer area mostly dedicated on design feedback. However, I am wondering if we can push it even further...

What if we were to marry the two concepts into one and create the private forum(s) (1 for design, 1 for partnerships/business), but members will have to earn their right to be a part of those forums. I am afraid that if we were just to create forums that would become visible/open to guests once they register, that would not at all stimulate any activity, a quality one on top of that. After all, the challenge with TF is not in the conversion of sign-ups, it is in its quality and the quality of contributions. So, if there was further motivation to get into an elite group of freelancers who care, help and work with each other (perhaps even get some extra benefits), that might spark the interest to participate more actively and make valuable/helpful contributions, which would be the only way to get noticed. Unless, of course, in the event when they are new members, they arrive with high-end credentials and solid track record already.

What does everyone think about it?