Thread: Suggestion?
View Single Post
12-31-2004, 02:21 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

will un-qualified freelancers still be able to post and contribute to tfl? or will un-qualified designers not be alowed to participate atall ?
Yes, of course! We have a application form available here http://www.talkfreelance.com/apply.php. Users who are accepted to the design team will be allowed to enter contests held at talkfreelance.

Qualified in what way? Academic past, portfolio, interviews.... Who are you to say someone is qualified (and a freelancer for that matter?) enough to participate in contests?
The aim of this is NOT to hand select a few designers, i am not going to stop people from having the freedom to participate in a contest. The majority of applications i have recieved (around 20 odd now) will be approved. I am basing the approvals on their experience, portfolio and history (online).

I have had several people apply who are known to have ripped people off and copied other peoples work, this is one of the reasons for this approval stage.

I may not have the right to judge others qualifications, but as administrator of this forum i would like to see great contests with excellent results and this facility will hopefully allow for this.