View Single Post
10-14-2010, 12:00 AM
TaeKwonJoe is offline TaeKwonJoe
Expertise: Designing & Programming
Software: Photoshop, Notepad++

TaeKwonJoe is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to TaeKwonJoe Send a message via MSN to TaeKwonJoe Send a message via Skype™ to TaeKwonJoe

Old

Originally Posted by cpr View Post
Your reasoning for keeping the threads open is purely so it benefits you. Start looking at it with an open mind.

On the other side of things, people who haven't done anything wrong and don't get work because of the threads won't be happy either.

You do get a full story from the threads? How do you know who is lying and who is not? Honestly, how can I take you seriously when you seem to rely purely on a random forum thread as to whether you hire someone or not.

What if the thread is closed? If we'd of kept the Jordan / carmen thread open it would have gone round in circles, both parties thought they were in the right, how can we judge who was truthful?

I can't give you an example because I don't know who is guilty and who is not. This is the internet, someone can appear to be the most reliable person ever when infact they are totally the opposite. Surely the iTrader of someone who has 18 positive ratings and 5 negative gives you a better idea of them compared to a single thread that shows two people giving their side of a story.

It doesn't work because we use iTrader, which does work and has done for a long time, hence why a lot of other forums use it.
No, my reason is so that it benefits everyone.

If they haven't done anything wrong then they have nothing to worry about. If they have done something wrong, then you're giving them freedom to keep on doing things wrongfully.

Yeah, you do get a full story. Someone may be lying, but it's pretty easy to tell who's lying and who's not. It's a hell of a lot more beneficial than a short sentence. No one is asking you to judge anything. Just give both parties time to make their statements, and if it gets out of hand then lock it as you would any other thread.

I'd love to agree with you there about the iTrader, but it's simply not true. Anthony Bullock is a prime example: http://www.talkfreelance.com/itrader.php?u=1

91.4% positive reviews, yet a single thread which luckily made it for a period of time without getting deleted revealed who he really is. 91.4% positive reviews, yet he's one of the few members here whom are actually banned. Prime example of how the iTrader system is severely flawed and how much a single thread can be useful.