10-13-2010, 11:05 PM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by TaeKwonJoe View Post
@cpr

It didn't have to be made public, yet it should have the right to. If I wanted to hire Jordan for coding work that thread would prove useful to me, even if locked. Information is better than no information at all.
WHY? Everytime it boils down to 'If I...'. This isn't about helping you out when researching the clients, it's about keeping the community clean and
people happy.

Yeah, I could look at her iTrader, if there was one. Even if then, I wouldn't know the full story. Just a few words saying if the deal was good or bad. If it's a negative review, I'm sure Jordan would want me, as a client, to know the full story.
What if she had multiple bad ratings? Are you going to contact each one to find out the full story from each?

It's not unfair, and it doesn't tarnish peoples names as long as they aren't innocent.
What if the person in question is innocent? How will we know who is being truthful and who isn't? People can be persuasive and could quite easily make an innocent person look guilty.

It seems like this stuff isn't allowed simply because no one feels like moderating them. RARELY do these types of threads get out of control. If they do, then I guess someones going to have to do their job. It's a WHOLE lot of work to click your mouse button a couple of times eh?
If we weren't bothered and didn't feel like moderating do you really think I'd take the time to respond to you?

At the end of the day we've made it clear that the threads will be deleted. I'm not going to keep on repeating myself, if you don't like it then that's your problem. Perhaps you should start looking for different ways other than a Google search to find out whether a client is trustworthy or not.