View Single Post
06-09-2009, 07:53 AM
The Rover is offline The Rover
Expertise: Domain Name Consultant
Software: Fireworks, Notepad, Firefox

The Rover is on a distinguished road

Old

I never mentioned the industry in general

Then you've missed the entire basis of this thread, which makes your comments suddenly irrelevant. That's precisely what has been debated; whether layered PNG's are frequently used in the web design industry. While they are not as common as PSD's they are still used frequently. That's what a few of you fail to grasp or acknowledge. So forget the $40 templates that you frequently see on forums such as TF and others. Forums only make up a fraction of the professional design industry, if that. Heck, half of my contacts and fellow design colleagues never post on these forums. Mainly becuase their schedules usually don't allow it, and/or they simply don't have a need to.

Lastly, this isn't about who's more experienced in design, or who has a bigger ego. It's about failing to accept a well understood fact of the industry. My only motive for continuing to post on this topic is that I know many young designers entering this industry already have loads to learn as it is, and the last thing they need is false information. As another user previously posted, there's more than just one popular tool to design web pages with.