03-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old

Originally Posted by eric_bobbitt
You sir really need to keep up with times. Internet Explorer is the one displaying things wrongfully. Internet Explorer does not comply to W3 standards (thats the web standards if you didn't know). Therefore most display options do not show up correctly under Internet Explorer.

The only advice I can give you is two write 2 different style sheets, and then slip in a tiny php script to put in one or the other based upon there browser.

Obviously listing every browser is a waste of time. I recommend just a simple

if Internet Explorer
bad.css
else
good.css

Probably the easiest way to do it that I've found.
If you need help with the small php script let me and know and i'll post it for you.

P.S. Nobody Should ever hail Microsoft. . .
Ever.
If you write proper CSS; that provided by the standards compliant Intellisense in Visual Studio 2005 it will work on any browser. I have to admint - Internet Explorer is not standards compliant but it has to be noted - while more than 9 in 10 people on the Internet, and that is a considerable number W3 Standards aren't what designers have to support if they want their sites viewed. Internet Explorer is what they have to support. Internet Explorer 7 I'm more than sure will, but until then you have to realise where all your users are going to be coming from.

If it just me - or is it Firefox which doesn't support CSS 2.1?

What's wrong with Hailing Microsoft?