View Single Post
01-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Steph Morrison is offline Steph Morrison
Expertise: Writing
Software: Microsoft Word

Steph Morrison is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by crumblepie View Post
You could add tweet this, facebook likes, etc widgets on your site in the hopes that someone will advertise your website for free. Engaging with others using social media doesn't always bring in traffic.. it works best for customer support only.
I'd say these sharing widgets are an asset for most sites. It's almost overwhelming the amount of sharebar plugins available for Wordpress and then to pick which social media settings to choose. Although I agree that engagement with social media may not always bring lots of traffic, it is still an effective way to create conversation around your business and is beneficial for more than just customer support. People will 'like' and 'follow' for a reason and when prompted with the right content on a consistent basis (which I don't feel is several times everyday, but I think this may work cuz there are a lot of people using this frequency) then they will be encouraged to click on a link.

For those that don't want to make the time for these social media tasks then your best option is to outsource to someone that does enjoy this type of work. Check out some of the freelancing sites like www.Elance.com or www.oDesk.com to see the many people posting jobs for this type of freelancing service. For someone that is familiar with Social media, maintaining 1 or 2 social media accounts takes them little time and they can generally get you the engagement and traffic for your site.