View Single Post
11-30-2012, 01:10 AM
Zara is offline Zara
Software:

Zara is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm certainly not a photographer nor a skilled graphics designer. However, it looks to me like it started off as a photo of someone posing nude in a seated position, the discoloration on the corners were probably fingers in front of the lens... Based on the resolution, how the image appears to be replicated on the left and right, and the fingers on the corner; I'd say it was probably taken by a smart phone.

The image looks as if it started off as a tall, half-width photo. It was probably ran through some noise and blur filters, adjustments were made to the levels, a brush was used to place those darker "splatter" dots on the image, and finally it was duplicated, flipped horizontally, lined up side-by-side, and had the sides blended together.

But as lanotdesign said, you won't be able to replicate it exactly. You could probably achieve something similar though.

And there are many ways to use that in your Photoshop files. Since it doesn't have nicely blended edges, you may not wish to use it as a pattern. However, you can still load the image into Photoshop, place it over a layer, change its blending mode, and use Alt + Ctrl + G to set the layer beneath it as a clipping mask.
(Note: If Alt + Ctrl + G doesn't work, you can access it by using the menus Layer > Create Clipping Mask)