View Single Post
03-17-2009, 07:40 AM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

Originally Posted by etahchen View Post
hey, thanks a lot guys for the reviews. i am surprised that a lot of you said you liked it, despite some of the changes i need to make. because when i asked for a review on sitepoint, they said that it wasn't good and that the layout sucks and the site is boring and a bunch of other stuff.
1.) You've been doing webdesign for 2 years but fairly new at it, and this simplistic is all you can do? Then to ask if webdesign / programming from a college is the best way of getting "hired" from employers and stuff? Shouldn't you know this already?

2.) "A lot of you said you liked it" = a whopping three (new) people. (The rest of the "a lot of people" didn't say anything, because they were being nice and didn't want to be classified as all the rest of those being honest and blunt on sitepoint.com probably.)

3.) You didn't catch what two of them said about the "headers". The "About Me", "Web", "Art" and etc etc... needs some padding-left:5px; or more in the css file.

4.) If I remember right, I seen this "look/layout" on here before, can't remember who it was that had it. But I remember someone going with this though. Not a bad thing, because usually "simple IS sexy".

5.) Anyone with any basic html/css skills could make this.

6.) And, the guys/gals at sitepoint.com were right... Sorry, that's the rum talking! Not trying to being mean though!

Sorry, I'm going to go whip myself with a belt, and sit in the corner now. My bad!

P.S. And by the way, I'm just messing with you and giving you a hard time to "break you in" here. I do have a heart, I was being sarcastically ****y with you. I like it, it IS nice and simple! Just add some "padding-left" to the header text, and you'll be fine!