View Single Post
10-29-2006, 07:24 PM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

All good points. I've never made a video tutorial so it will something new for me and also let me learn in that section too.

I want to do something online and the thing with the CD is that im not a professional coder, im sure that Cameron Molls or Dan Cederholm would be able to do this no doubt because they've had experience writing a book etc and could get the traffic easily. Would you say im wasting my time all together with this idea or...? If it's marketted right do you think that it could be successful?

The web is full of hosts, forums and tutorial sites so i want to set aside and do something different. Would consultancy be a best option do you think to move into? Web development is still needed but the market is saturated by web designers. It's hard to be competitive on the Internet. It's easy off the web because i know several hundred people who run businesses and i could all design their sites and code them and host them, making me a tiny nice little profit. However i've already made some of them a site and i want to move from just designing and finishing with the client, i'd like to give back another way, by helping others with free publications and paid distributed CDs (Videos + ebooks) as you suggested.