View Single Post
10-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Wildhoney is offline Wildhoney
Expertise:
Software:

Wildhoney is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Wildhoney Send a message via MSN to Wildhoney Send a message via Yahoo to Wildhoney

Old

I'm humbly confident the community much appreciates all the input from us caring members. From what I have seen, the entire community feels that there are many key ingredients missing from the forum. More specifically, high quality articles that serve to educate and inform fellow freelancers. Undeniably, every single one of us have much to learn, but I can honestly say that in the past 10 months or so, I have not learnt a single thing freelance wise from TFL. This community, like other communities, should be a community flourishing with educational posts of members informing members. Brothers helping brothers, and all that.

It's quite clear from me putting my neck on the line with being unsure of the reaction I'd get, that the people who have contributed up to now are aligned with my feeling that Big Zee simply doesn't have the enthusiasm there to sustain this once thriving community. I do not know Big Zee's intentions when he took over the forum, but I feel maintaining the glory days were not a high priority - for whatever reason.

Consequently, if changes are going to come about where we can inject life back into the old dog, then changes are going to have to come about. I admire people who say they are going to contribute to the community with articles, but in the reality of it all, and speaking for myself as well, we are all very busy individuals. Being a freelancer and perhaps an entrepreneur is not so simple as working 9-5 and collecting an inevitable pay cheque. I feel to bring the community together, new and old members alike, requires the introduction of rewards. Much like a treats for dogs resulting from good behaviour. That in itself will give members back rewards for contributing to a community that has long been regressing.

With all the forums out there that are flourishing, TFL is in desperate need for that instillment of vivaciousness that is quite self-evident from past history, achievable. However, the only way to achieve these goals are by rethinking the core of TFL. Without it banality will dominate and members will be depleted.