03-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by Aros View Post
I see 2 sides here at TalkFreelance; the marketplace and discussion. Perhaps it's a good idea to create filters for these 2 - "New discussions" and "New offers". No more scrolling through many threads you're not interested in seeing.
I would love that because, for better or worse, I make little to no use of the market forums (they're just not why I'm here). Being able to sort the wheat from the chaff would be super.

Perhaps, if in the search results table you could add in a column which stated whether the topic was in the market forums or not then I could skip past those posts much easier.

Right now we just have the forum title on there and "Design", "Web Hosting", "Domain Names" doesn't really distinguish a market forum from discussion forum (unless you know the titles of each of the forums and sub-forums here).

On that note, the new changes will highlight useful information for market forum topics -- those topics taking up more screen real-estate than discussion topics -- but what about normal, useful (and arguably what we're all really here for) discussion topics with their measly title and topic starter?