Thread: tf changes
View Single Post
03-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

In any case, this thread has served no positive purpose and I don't see any potential for this to change. If anyone has something helpful to say, such as a suggestion or even an offer to help us out, we are all ears. Simply coming on and saying how you feel things will never get better is not helpful for anyone and is not a subject we should dwell on.

To end this thread on a positive note I want to make it clear that things have been done and a lot more than a new design is being planned. As far as implemented things we have stopped a major shilling operation which had nearly reduced our webhosting section to nothing, implemented an anti-spam measure that has proven extremely effective at stopping automated spam and done other small modifications such as the paid post add-on. In a realm of planned action there is the skin, the blog, some marketplace ideas and more. The admins have reviewed sites and software to see if we want to invest in them for their functionality. I've also developed a hack that we strongly believe will drastically improve the quality of discussion here, it will be implemented once we upgrade. There is motion going on behind the curtain, the skin is taking a lot longer than we had hoped but do not think for a second that we are doomed to failure.