Expertise:
Software:

scrappy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to scrappy

Old  Logo Competition - Mad Gamers.net

Name of the contest: Mad Gamers.net - Logo Competition
Deadline: 30/04/2007 - 12noon GMT
Prize & Delivery method: $50 paid through paypal

Contest brief: My website www.madgamers.net is about to get a full makeover, and with that comes a new logo. I need this logo to be nothing like the current one and I would prefer it if the logo had the full site name in rather than just and MG type one. However, feel free to include the MG in there if you wish. The logo must be no more than 150pxls in height and 400pxls in width. (This is a max size guide, not a size requirement)

Colours: I plan on using the logo on a series of different coloured banners for various sections of the site (xbox, wii, ps3 etc) and it will go on various coloured backgrounds (green, blue, purple and others). I need something that will look good, so make sure it has a black outline and is on a transparent background.

Inspirations: Well, I don't want any copies, this must be an origional design, but I really like the Gamespot logo as well as the Gameburst one.

Other information: Well, I would like the file to be either a transparent psd, png or ai; and if you use any special fonts I would like to have the font file used as well. (I only want freely available fonts used please unless you created them yourself. I don't want to be stuck with any copyright problems).

I will hold all rights to the design once complete, but I am happy for you to add the logo to your portfolio as long as a link is provided to my site (www.madgamers.net).

I would also like to point out that MadGamers is two words, Mad Gamers.

Contact information:
Well, I would prefer to be contacted via PM on either the TalkFreelance forums, or on my own forums; but if you wish to contact me via e-mail then please use the following one.

scrappy[At]madgamers.net

[EDIT] - This came from me as feedback to an entry, and I felt it should be included in here. I would like to stay away from any console images within the logo. I intend to add console images within site banners, I intend for the logo to be part of these banners.