View Single Post
10-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Lauren is offline Lauren
Expertise:
Software:

Lauren is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lauren

Old  Constructive Criticism

Since I was booted out of the staff without being informed until Rob rang me and told me that I had been removed, I thought I would leave you all some feedback on what was once and great place.

Talkfreelance was once a place where people wanted to be and wanted to work, and I was here everyday working my arse off, not necessarily where I could be seen but I was always doing something for Talkfreelance.

Since Rob sold to Big Zee this place has gone completely downhill, we were promised massive changes and a large amount of funding to be put into Talkfreelance, if these changes and funds have been put into the site, I see no positive differences, and the place has gone completely to ****.
I know I’m not the only one who sees the negative differences in Talkfreelance. Rob made Talkfreelance great and yet through everything he has done for this place, you feel like you can make decisions without him being involved, he is still admin and staff should be told when things are changing, how they are being changed and how it will benefit the community as a whole, this isn’t being done and I believe that Talkfreelance will not survive without Rob’s input, this is evident from the way the Talkfreelance is going since you don’t involve him anymore.

Putting a hierarchical structure into staff makes no difference to anyone except Julian. Having the name “head admin” does what exactly? Rob never needed the title of “head admin” to make himself feel wanted in this community, people went to him because they knew he could sort out their issues, and would always do it in a non patronising way. I feel that the only reason you have done this is to make yourself (Julian) feel like a bigger man. You will never be Rob and even giving yourself a big mans title to boost your ego will never get you anywhere near to what Rob was.

I’m sorry this was so public, but if you had have bothered discussing this with me or other staff connected to me before you kicked me off the staff then this wouldn’t be an issue right now. You should’ve told me and discussed it with me or even Rob first.

I suggest the community finds another place to advertise their business, because Talkfreelance will not be around much longer. The staff here no longer cares about you personally like they did in the early years of Talkfreelance. It means nothing. You mean nothing. Move on.