View Single Post
12-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
Best of luck with getting whatever it is that you're looking for Artashes. If it doesn't work out, it's only $400.

I absolutely HATE the fact that 99designs is limiting competitions to just 1 week. It is impossible to shape up the perfect concept during such a brief period of time. On top of that, they are pushing contest holders to "guaranteeing" the prize money since it attracts more designers. I elected not to do so because it is not in the amount of designers working, but in the correct designers working. I have personally approached a group of artists that I pre-screened before, only a few followed-up with a submission, which were still more complex and had more natural/organic flow in them. I will see how the last couple of days fair, with my feedback given. If I notice an absolute killer logo, I'll work with select few further. If I do not, I'd have to go the opposite route of just approaching someone on the side and hoping THAT person would deliver. But then again, if I had 3x the budget to begin with, I'd probably would have gone that route. Not doing this to hurt any designer out there, I just have high expectations and I see the logo as an important symbol that will serve the needs of this resource over long-term, so I want it executed perfectly the first time.

In all honestly, I love the logo that was placed in the new theme by Chris, but we cannot use it because it is (I believe) an original production.