View Single Post
03-22-2005, 07:38 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
I don't thiknk any client is not going to work with you because you have a Pirated Dreamweaver. Same with Photoshop.

Although they may not work with you because you're using Dreamweaver. Hand-Coded is always preferable. And Dreamweaver is pretty crap.
actually, a lot of people don't know any better when it comes to coding. unless they're from the It environment they probably won't be able to tell apart sweet xhtml 1.1 from html 3. my mother's been a dektop programmer for i have no idea how long now, and around christmas she was doing something involing html and she had absolutely no idea how it worked. everything but a web based language, she'll crush it, but html had her beat. as simple as it is, people still underestimate it sometimes.

as for the pircacy, i know some people exist that are really anal and picky about it. if they hire you, they're associated with you. say they don't ask and you make stuff with illegal software, and you're the big break that get's the company rolling (like ravio and yaxay) say later he was found to be using stolen software, if yaxay were a business it could get some very negative side effects from that, and thereofre some people will make sure to avoid any problems.

plus.. you don't steal cars or the food you eat, so why shouldn't you pay for your software ESPECIALLY if you intend to use it for profit. lukcily i can doall my work from the school but once i'm ready to roll i'm purchasing new suits.