08-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
It will mean more work but the idea is to have FEWER clients who pay more in order to deliver better products. Flash headers/intros, coded sites, maybe with some SEO optimization? Free link submission? There are literally dozens of ways you can improve your product and make it more attractive to a customer. You won't be able to charge much more than $250/psd in this MARKET. People outside of this market look for FULL website packages. I think you honestly need to delivery full sites and stop doing just psds.

Identity creation
Website design
Flash work
SEO etc

While it will add slightly more work to each project, you should be able to charge ALOT more, $x,xxx a site. You would then break each part down to make it appear more reasonable.

E.g Identity creation $100, website design $500, flash work, $100, SEO, $250, Link submission $100.

I mean things like identity creation (that's no different from what you currenty do, just seperate it though so it looks like they're getting more, flash work...how long would it take to add some sparkle to a sites header? A couple of hours tops? SEO can be done when coding and when you've spent time learning it can add no more time than coding a template. Link submission..you can get software that takes a few minutes!

Just my advice anyway...I think you need to find a new market and offer complete website solutions. Up the price and up the service.

Very insightful