01-31-2007, 02:06 AM
oKiAo is offline oKiAo
Expertise:
Software:

oKiAo is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to oKiAo

Old

Originally Posted by seen.to View Post
Content IS king - without content you won't get visitors period.
Without quality content the visitors won't stay.
There's a big difference between getting a visitor to hit your site and leave again right away, and getting a visitor to read the entire piece before bookmarking, recommending, and coming back for more.

Without a quantity of quality pieces the visitor will, sooner or later, have no reason to return. You will also have narrowed the margin of potential first-time visitors.
Exactly. I agree with it too.

From the original post

So make sure you get a lot of them, treat them right and give them plenty of reasons to stick around.
A reason I would've stayed in one site is if it updates frequently with new information etc. I wouldn't coming back if the site only have one information.
I am a bit confused on why you say content isn't the king when you post seems to even support that the content is the king. I do agree that marketing is important, but if you don't have a quality article then the visitors wouldn't come back. I'd rather have a stable traffic then come-then-gone traffic.

It’s a lot more beneficial to go out and market an article (and earn more money because of it) than it is to continually write new content that nobody is seeing because you never market it. Plus it’s a great motivator when you see your best articles getting a lot of traffic and earning you money.
If you manage to write both new content and marketing at the same time. It will be more beneficial than just one article Just my personal opinions.