View Single Post
07-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Jake B is offline Jake B
Expertise: Coder
Software: Sublime Text, Google Chrome

Jake B is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Jake B

Old  Just got the 24" iMac

At first, I was a little sketchy with the purchase, it was a hefty price. I've been using it for a few days now (~2 days).

I was thinking about getting either the 24" baseline iMac (2.8GHz, 2GB Ram, ATi, Wired keyboard/mouse) or a totally rigged out PC. I decided to get the iMac instead, the features/community is strong and the whole operating system has never really crashed on me.

I do have a background with Apple, I used to own an iBook G4 and the first-gen iPhone.

My backgrounds with PCs is incredibly ridiculous: I flush my older computer almost monthly, a wire starts interfering with the CPU fan, etc. My computer was pretty fast, just horribly - erm... horrible.

So yeah, when I bought this, I put my copy of TextMate on it from my iBook G4, Photoshop CS3 and I bought a copy of iWork and AppleCare and Mobile Me (it also came with a free 8GB iPod Touch!)

I love it all, a lot. MobileMe works perfectly with my iPod and my applications, AppleCare was easy, and iWork is exactly like Microsoft Office for half the price. The speakers are pretty nice, too. The screen size is incredible and you don't even think the iMac is a computer, nor you do hear it.

I'd recommend this to anyone on TFL. Get this and then get the MacBook Air if you're into the mobility (e.g. coffee shops, local clients, etc).

That's my two cents, and I felt like I needed to share.