View Single Post
07-08-2008, 01:17 PM
rsrobbins is offline rsrobbins
Software:

rsrobbins is on a distinguished road

Old

I think my post is being misunderstood. I am a professional ASP.NET web application developer. I have considerable expertise in programming, database design, security, and all the other technical aspects of web development. I am looking for web designers to collaborate with. However, most web designers don't know anything about ASP.NET and can't design for it. For example, they are not familiar with the web controls and have not developed any tricks for styling them.

ASP.NET 2.0 does provide excellent support for themes and web control skins but just try finding any decent looking examples. I've found the ASP.NET community to be completely uninterested in design. In fact, they are so into esoteric aspects of programming that they barely qualify as web developers. On the other hand, the design community is completely uninterested in ASP.NET. So there is no collaboration between these two camps.

If you are a web designer, specializing in designing for ASP.NET might prove to be a great opportunity for you because you'll have little competition. I've done considerable work figuring out how to style ASP.NET web sites but I need help creating something truly aesthetic. For example, I've worked with the CSS Friendly Control Adapters but I don't have any decent looking themes to work with except for a few Microsoft examples.