View Single Post
11-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by ChrisGwynne View Post
Maybe I live in a pre-historic time where time = money. At least that's what I always thought?

It makes me laugh when I get PMs off users asking me for a quote to code a design, I specify my rates and then they come back with.. "sorry I'm not looking to pay that much" or "I can get it done for $10"... Like, seriously, if you're looking for a ten year old to do your work, go for it, maybe they'll do an amazing job... and maybe they won't. The fact of the matter is, they nor you understand the concepts of time and self worth.

Maybe I should start adding, if you're thinking of under $xxx amount don't even bother. And then defer them to the nearest cheap as chips coder?

What do you think?
Don't mean to generalise, but I think you'll find a great deal of the users on this forum don't have reasonable budgets (and I speak from experience because I used to be the guy that only had $100 to spend on coding). Those that do know who they are (so won't need to come and display it in response to this ). But if I were you I would not send quotes off to responses on this forum, unless you get given a clear budget that sounds reasonable.