View Single Post
11-12-2007, 01:37 AM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
You had five different people post their template designs, you chose no winner. You had only four people provide logos, you chose a winner. Hardly fair on the time that the template designers put in. Nine individuals entered the contest with a total of 14 entries/revisions submitted, I think that's enough to warrant that someone gets given a prize regardless of whether you're going to use the winning design or not.

Sure, if only one or two people submitted anything then it would be a different story. Contests have a poor reputation over here, at least be generous and provide those few people with what they came here for -- the winners. You ran a contest not knowing if you would have liked anything. By chance there was a logo that you liked, but what would you have done if there was no such logo? Yay, another failed TalkFreelance contest.

To mods/admins/Steve, sorry for barging into this topic. I could've just left it for bazza` to sleep on and get back to us. But I care for the community and would really love to see contests being a great focal point for us all. At this rate, that'll never (ever) be the case -- especially if all contests either end with the contest holder disappearing, or all contestants walking away empty-handed.

You've nailed my sentiment to a T. And it has nothing to do with my entering this contest, it has to do with the history of contests here.