View Single Post
04-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Blue Ire View Post
Over 6 years old and out performs most new PCs? Did you slip and hit your head? That would make it what, a Pentium 3 - maybe a 4 or a K6-2?? And it out performs the Core2Duo (top selling cpu right now)?? I think not.
I never realised the Core2Duo was the top seller in my region. It may be so in the States, but not here. My PC runs faster than the new store bought PC's that I have seen lately, admittedly none were core2duos, but there were some supposedly fast P4's there that ran like pieces of crap. All due to the bloated rubbish the stores add onto the OS's and the lack of optimisation. Also a lot of my PC repair clients add so much crap to their PC's that they also run like crap in a very short time.

Blue Ire, we don't all have the ultimate PC specs, but some of us on older systems really know how to get the most out of them, so much so that they perform better than some of this modern rubbish.

No doubt if I had a Core2duo, or even a faster P4, I would have it running sweeter than any store bought and installed OS's/PC's, but I don't. We aren't all that priveledged.

This thread is all about a member that is having problems with a bloated Local Settings folder, I was simply offering advice, and explaining that upgrading your HDD will not resolve the issues. I then proceeded to give some info on one of my setups, to highlight the fact you don't need the latest/biggest hardware for your system to run effectively. What have you got to offer this member for advice? Or are you simply here to run down someone who has spent the time to offer help and advice?