View Single Post
12-25-2012, 06:46 AM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Sendoushi View Post
I don't really think that you need more than $500.

A month or two back I was trying to do the same not for gaming but for design mostly. I found that you can get a computer with socket 775 motherboard (which is easier to upgrade the processors since it's an old socket), buy an i3 processor (which is already interesting) and good memory and ssd drive and such. Later you can upgrade things.

The beauty of a desktop computer!

Today I wouldn't buy a Macbook with i7. I would go with i5 and make a hackintosh.

A thousand is a lot of money and it really depends on what you're trying to achieve but... You can make a good computer under that.
I'd rather just save money and buy a high quality pc. It would be a wast of money to buy cheap parts that will just be replaced in a couple months or whatever. I'm not in any rush, I have my macbook in the mean time.

Yeah I agree, i would never buy a macbook again. I have the cheap macbook pro from late 09 (i think), it was like $1200. It's so slow and outdated already. I had to buy a new charger for $90, and my touch pad has been broken for about a year (I have to tap for everything). They're not worth the money, or trouble, what so ever. Sure, it has some cool features that make things a lot simpler, but still...

I don't really care for OSX anymore either. I tried making a hackintosh out of my old desktop, my hardware wasn't compatible though. I remember i wanting osx so bad before i had my macbook. Now that i have it, it's nothing special. My PC (if i get it) will probably be duel boot with windows 8 and Ubuntu.