View Single Post
02-14-2010, 05:28 AM
SteveM is offline SteveM
Software:

SteveM is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by ChrisGwynne View Post
Thanks, but like I said previously , it is not a template issue as they all have the correct coding in them.
Unfortunately you are incorrect. I have been dealing with vBulletin for the past 8 years and I can honestly tell you that the security token error is coming from the templates. Without the security token line in the template(s) then that error will come about anytime someone tries to access a page that requires a security token. So honestly trying to blame a firefox bug for the issue is not correct.

Firefox does not handle security tokens nor does it have any dealings with that type of information. All it does is display the page as it is coded, if the coded page is missing information that the script it is trying to access needs then it will come back with errors. So in all fairness you should really check your templates, double check them, then triple check them before trying to lay blame on a browser bug. The person who has been giving you advice I know for a fact he knows what he is talking about. Also searching vbulletin.com will return the same kind of fixes so frankly you shouldn't dismiss this as a browser bug. It has been proven to be a template issue.

Something else, if you upgraded vBulletin or the style itself, how do you know all templates are coded correctly? Upgrades can cause the same issue especially if you don't check them for missing lines or what not.

For reference purpose: My vB.org profile

Thanks for reading
Steve