View Single Post
10-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Jeff Andersen View Post
Chris brings up an extremely valid point to your suggested revenue figures because the first thing companies are going to ask is how many active people you'll be emailing this newsletter do. And it'd be a straight lie to say 23k.

So, by Chris stating this publicly for those who are interested, it makes them aware of the reality of your suggestion.

Regards,
Jeff
Yes of course it would be a lie to say it would be mailed to 23K active users, but that's not what I said - and more significantly nore is it how any company I know bases its numbers for newsletters. Contact FHM, GQ etc and ask them about sponsering their newsletters - the figure they will base it on is the number of people it gets sent out to - they don't base it on emails that have visited their website in the last X days. Thats industry standard, and as I said previously people who are serious should do their own homework.

I buy a list of 5000 niche email addresses a month at 50p each from one distributor - they are not even associated with any particular website, so can't be described as any tupe of active user - doesn't mean that it doesn't work out profitable for me to buy them.