Thread: My work
View Single Post
11-29-2005, 01:07 AM
Respectfirst is offline Respectfirst
Software:

Respectfirst is on a distinguished road

Old

In my line of work, layers are not always the best solution to make a photo stand out, take for instance the first photo that I posted, even though there is a flaw in the print, the enhancement is what stands out most of all, and basic color shading. Most people comment on the shadows, that they cause some soft of distraction from the photo it self.

The photo you see below is comprised of many different layers, and even that photo has a flaw that is very visible, however the customer that I did the work for never saw that, instead they were very much happy with what I had accomplished, and it just isn’t the photo that tells a story, it is the story behind the photo that makes it stand out to most people.

You yourself would be surprised at the amount of photos that I have worked on for many different photographers, and sometimes it is to fix areas of the photos that need changes, and graduation photos are a biggy, because most of the kids want blemishes removed, eye color changes, teeth whitened more then what they are, but this happens in the fashion world too, not all the models you see in magazines are perfect, they are all touched up at some point. So when you say, it is just a single layer, it really doesn’t mean anything, it would be the amount of work that went into the photo that makes it look and feel better, and I can give you examples.

So the question is, did you offend me? Not at all, I am new here, and it doesn’t matter where you go, it is all the same. I was however compelled to write this short book to you, and there is no hard feelings.