Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old

Originally Posted by Jonny
Yes, and its oobiously not you.

Is that right? Google print, google image search, google talk, google maps, google video? They don't make money from any of those do they?

It's also quite funny that you say that, when you are obviously a Mircrosoft fan. You do know that they are only making these live applications because of the "threat" from Google don't you? Google are "stealing" Microsoft employees and Microsoft is not happy about it.
I could have told you that, I did not claim to be

Yes it is Google Print is not only illegal and wrong, infringing all manner of copyright laws, not only puts all that Print under Google's command for only its Search, but would be supported by advertising. MSN's Book Search will take only Books that are in the public domain, like those it is copying from the British Library, and will allow them to be searched from not only its Search, but from any search engine through APIs. Google Video, like its Book Search, it wrong in so many copyright ways.

Google's Image Search is just another thing in its basic Search, no it does not show you advertisement but they do check what you click and what you search for in order to make their Adwords Program more precise at making money. Google Maps again, linked purely to its Local Search which advertises through Adwords. Google Talk is still supported by Advertisements and not only that, but as far as I am aware it does add your e-mail address to a Newsletter Service that subliminally kills your brain cells and orders you to do random acts of murder.

Hence, they make money from them all And a great deal. I am a Microsoft Fan, was it the Windows Logo on the Avatar or the one on the Signiture that gave it away? They have almost certainly only started their Live! push because of a need for them to capture Internet Markets yes :P

Don't I recognise that Item from somewhere? Ah yes... Web-based Operating System, Tyrannical Behaviour? and Is that not what you should do?. To cut a lot of content short, I would have to say the middle item is the part of the story you are pointing at. Low level Microsoft Employees moving to Google is one thing, reasonably talented ones is just the same really. What that is though is a high power executive who has sensitive information about Microsoft's Plans. Not only that, but he specifically signed that he would not move to a competitor.

'If anything, I would like to think he did say this and did throw the chair across the room. I can believe he would. As a Microsoft fan, I am for having a CEO who loves Microsoft; throwing a chair across a room and vowing to kill Google is a love for Microsoft. Microsoft being good to work for has nothing to do with Lee going. In Microsoft he has said power, in Google, he'd have twice that. When you are so high up the food chain in a company like Microsoft or Google it is not about how good they are to work for, it is about money and power. Steve Balmer realises this, and hiring such a high ranking person from Microsoft, especially one who signed that he cannot move to a competitor, is an affront to Microsoft from Google. If I was CEO I would be pissed off too, and I probably would have thrown the chair at Lee and not across the room.'

Originally Posted by Jhin
I prefer peppermint tea. I just like the icon
Haha, never tried peppermint tea... don't really much like the smell. The icon does rule though

Originally Posted by KoMiT
Ms live looks pretty cool, they already have "Outlook 2003 live" but its called outlook webaccess, I use it for my email currently pretty cool. I think they could go pretty far with this
Isn't Outlook 2003 Live a subscription Service that gives you a few Gigabytes on an MSN E-Mail account, and give you Outlook 2003 in with the package so you can use it for access? I was under the impression Outlook WebAccess was a feature of Exchange Server 2003 that people with accounts on servers with Exchange 2003 could use if the Admin allowed it. It is great though, whichever it is. I have used it a few times, not at the moment. That is what they are basing the Windows Live! Mail System on. Except rather than Frames, it will use XMLRequests.