View Single Post
08-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Apple View Post
@Jordan, I don't really think it's up to us who Art picks. It's his website, so he's going to go with the designer that uses his preferred style. The emblematique guy definitely does good work, but it's nothing amazing in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with gradients, fonts, or sizes. It just depends on how it's used.
Yes, there are lots of things wrong with gradients, fonts and sizes. More specifically the examples from the emblamatic portfolio. Sorry but that style of design is more or less ancient.

Yes, it's his website and yes he CAN go the method of his preferred style. But this isn't just Art's personal website. This is a community orientated website. If you develop your product that can potentially ostracize new and old visitors, I'd say that's not a route one would want to take. Yes, it's his as he owns it.. but he isn't the only part of this community.

After looking at all the designs you posted in your previous post, I myself dislike all of them. There's nothing on them that can't be found on any other design...they just don't stand out in my opinion. The forum designs look like any other forum, just with different colors.
That's nice that you dislike them. You're free to do so. Even if there was a quick snippet you did like and decided to dislike on principal to troll--that's your prerogative. I didn't say what I enjoy is what everyone enjoys.

I didn't say: "Go with this style!" I was merely giving off some examples of work from Dribbble. Thanks.

Also, just curious here, but when the heck did designers start calling themselves "U.I. Designers"? I was under the impression that a U.I. Designer was someone who developed skins for desktop or mobile applications.
User Interface. I don't see how that's limited to desktop or mobile. Web apps are essentially a big market and all of them have a user interface. If there are designers that are specifically working on just user interfaces, I think it's logical to consider them to be a UI Designer.