08-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

Originally Posted by Fez View Post
No that's not even an argument right now. The answer to that is pretty obvious. What we are disagreeing with is the fact that you cannot call the people at Talkfreelance unprofessional.

STOP ASSUMING! You are basing your assumptions on other assumptions, come on, seriously you are going to piss off the entire community!

Firstly, if the answer is that obvious then people shouldn't take offense to it if we use it as a reason to ask a designer from elsewhere. Again, no where did I say that we won't take any community concepts. Quite the opposite. If people want to be called professional when they're not that's fine. Not by me though.

You are completely misreading what I am saying Fez. I am not belittling, putting down, or making assumptions based on assumptions. I am telling the truth. There are people out there who produce far better quality designs than people here day in, day out. I am not saying that people here don't have the potential to, just that 9 out of 10 times they won't better the "other/professional" work right now, based on the current produce in the forums.

As for a few examples of peoples' work we are talking about, go to dribbble and view some of the more followed designers.

I am not basing assumptions on assumptions.

Originally Posted by Fez View Post
Gaz, stop assuming the skill level of the members on TFL or even this thread is not on a professional level.

It is pathetic to see an administrator justifying the stupidity of a super moderator on this board. Really I would have taken it as more of an insult considering both of your positions but after reading the manner in which you pass judgement and baseless assumptions; I couldn't care less.
I tell the truth as I see it. I can't honestly say that the quality of peoples' work here on the whole isn't even as good as it was a few years ago, let alone the work of the people on dribbble, for example. Sorry. If this touches a raw nerve with people then so be it. I am prepared to be proven wrong, but this is how I feel.

I stand fully behind Chris. He said nothing stupid at all.

PS. Remember we are talking about EXCEPTIONAL themes. Not good. Not great. EXCEPTIONAL.